Bad Battery?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bensav21

So I removed the carbs. Filters and gaskets etc looked good. Fuel inside however looked a little dark... Tipped it out. Put them back together and she is purring beautifully.
One issue now is my battery can not start the engine, If I jump it with a battery pack it starts then the battery alone will keep the ski running. I have charged it and reconditioned it on a smart battery charger but still won't start.
Time for a new battery?

So I removed the carbs. Filters and gaskets etc looked good. Fuel inside however looked a little dark... Tipped it out. Put them back together and she is purring beautifully.
One issue now is my battery can not start the engine, If I jump it with a battery pack it starts then the battery alone will keep the ski running. I have charged it and reconditioned it on a smart battery charger but still won't start.
Time for a new battery?

Probably, but you can check the water levels in the battery and top them off with distilled water, then put it on a battery reconditioner. Afterwards, if it can't hold a charge more than a couple weeks and it doesn't have the amperage to turn the engine over, time for a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back