Anyone up for a seadoo cruise in Honey Harbour?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dmilling

I have created a route that takes in the Miss Midland route (see http://www.midlandtours.com/MissMidland/midland.htm)

But also a stop at Giants Tomb Island as well as a tour past other smaller islands
(Waubec/Minnicognashene/Bone/Webber/Wigwam) then of course down
through honey Harbour(Delawana Inn/Beausoleil/Beausoleil Bay.

A rest stop at Brandy's Bay Marina

My target date would be for mid July.....July 18 weekend possibly

If there is anyone interested let me know ...otherwise it is good for a cruise
on your own at any time.

More Info.....

Honey Harbour is off of Georgian Bay.

There are also some historical significance here as well

-Orville Wright(after the death of Wilbur) stayed at Waubec Island and
owned nearby Lambert island at one time.

-Giants Tomb Island actually has the profile of a person(giant) lying on their
back

-The Group of Seven painters painted several works of art of these Islands

-To me the greatest Islands carved out by the glaciers......well maybe the
Thousand Islands in Kingston can only rival this

Cheers!

Georgian Bay

I realize this an old thread, but I usd to slip in Doral Marina in Midland my old 30' Searay, sold that and bought a Challenger 180SE this year, looking forward to being able to do this run and go through Big Dog Channel without dinging my props.

Have you ventured much further up the channel or to the other islands?

It can get pretty rough out there, but with the added speed I'm not so worried of outrunning pending bad weather.

You can even take little dog channel now!

Water is super low this year, you will be glad there is no more props to ding.
Some nice new sand bars off the south east tip of Beausoleil (Papossi bay?)
great spot to beach and enjoy the weather.
Adam

HH --> Point Au Baril (Parry Sound)

I have done the run from Honey Harbour, to Parry Sound and back three or four times this summer.

One run, we took it all the way up to Point Au Baril and back...

Truly spectacular stuff...

Any one wanting to do that next summer, let's get a group going... I've already three other buddys I do this run with... the more the merrier!

You know it's funny, I put 20 hours on my Challenger this first year and probably didn't get that much in on my old Searay in 2 or 3 years previously. I'd love to do the run up to Parry Sound or maybe even Henry's

Originally we were slipped at Doral in Midland, but now with the Challenger have been spending a lot of time on Simcoe with my brother in law who also has a Sportster. We spent a week on Balsam with the 2 families and 2 boats and it was great. I really miss cruising Georgian Bay though, you don't get much better boating than that.

The Admiral is not fond of bouncing around on the water, so Georgian Bay needs to be pretty calm for an 18' Seadoo boat, not quite the deep V of the 30'er if you know what I mean.

We drive up from Woodbridge to Cook's Bay whenever the weather is cooperative and try to get out as much as possible.

Just got back from a 2 week stint in China, and I need to get the boat out on the water to test the new wear ring, so here' hoping for some nice weather!!

You guys should head up to Rice Lake. The lake is usually calm and some nice spots to stop and eat while cruising. We have a cottage on Long Island up there so we spend most of our time there. Unfortunately, we just got back into Jet Boats and our 2000 Speedster has been a pain since we bought it at the end of July.

I think we finally have it sorted out so for the next two weekends, it is boating on Rice Lake and then prepping for storage. :(

Little slow in posting here... been a busy year, not much time on the water compared to last year...

To nobody in particular (ie. anybody who is interested), if you're gonna be up by Georgian Bay then let me know... I may be in the area...

Me and a buddy just had a great couple of short runs right above Honey Harbour to Muskoka Landing...

First pic, looking east from the Lake Country Grill Deck in South Bay at Honey Harbour in Georgian Bay; the second, next to Tomahawk Island looking north west heading up and out from Honey Harbour to the north.

Just throwin' it out there..! Post here if you're interested! Fall rides are awesome too in these parts!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• H Harbour 8.20112.jpg
    H Harbour 8.20112.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 3
  • H Harbour 8.20111.jpg
    H Harbour 8.20111.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Back