Alignment Cost?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjaysbk

Hi all, I just did an engine swap for a 2006 GTX Limited with an SBT engine. The thing is, I haven't put the drive shaft/pump back in or bought a new carbon ring. This isn't my jetski, so I'm not doing the DIY method and I can't get access to the alignment tool easily (its also outrageous rental price for a side-job).

I can't keep this jetski indefinitely at my place since I also only rent the property, so I want to give the ski back to the guy, but I feel like he might be better off getting it aligned and have a new Carbon ring put in at an actual shop over the winter (no rush). This factors in the cost of me getting the tool to do this, he does pay for my labor per hour also.

Question: Would anyone agree that at this point, with the pump and driveshaft still out, that a shop should charge him less to re-align the motor if needed and give him a new carbon ring?

What is the typical hourly rate and expected time to complete a carbon ring/shaft alignment and obviously install the pump back on? I got a quote for up to 100 an hour for 2 hours, but this was from where I bought the engine from. Its getting late, otherwise I'll call around sometime but just want general opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back