98 seadoo spx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady j

I have a 98 seadoo spx and when i put the key on it beeps twice but no crank no solenoid clicks nothing I replaced the solenoid and still nothing brand new battery any ideas

I can't remember if that new of one has it but some of them have a little black wire at the rear electrical box that has to be connected with the negative battery cable. If it is off it will do just what you are describing.

You can take a 12V test light and check to see if the solenoid is getting 12v when you hit the start/stop button.

Yep you need to do what matt said. Start to follow the power, it will take you to the problem

I checked all fuses and they are all good all of the grounds are hooked up and I'm only getting 11 volts to the solenoid but if I manually jump it it turns over

Now ground from the bolt at the base of the coil that all the black wire loops are on. If you loose the 11v when you press the button then you have to get that ground wire going from the rear E-box to the neg side of the battery like Miki was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back