98 GTS not getting fuel to carb.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran it several times until it was just barely misting anymore. I would have thought I was enough. I thought I was to the part where tb76 said to run it and then it would probably foul the plugs so I would have to remove, clean, redo. How clear of water does it have to be the first time?

it should be enough, i have had to do it several times myself.it could be the starter is gone bad. or did you try to jump it earlier? will it turn over off of a non running car battery? try that and see if it will turn over

I suppose the "valcano" might have fouled the connections, but couldn't I just check for conductivity with an ohms meter? If it pins the needle the connection is good, right? Or is it possible to have enough resistance to impede it so that it's not getting enough amps even though I get a good reading?

Okay, for a minute there it was turning over with some "coaxing". It was weird; if I rocked the ski a bit it would turn over. Then eventually even that wouldn't work. I cleaned all the connections; nothing. I tested the theory that I have a new starter that's on the edge - tried knocking on it while cranking...no difference. What the...?!!:confused: Should I try adding a little oil to the cylinders? I do remember that as I was cranking it without the plugs that the pitch dropped slightly after a while as if it was working just a little harder. Maybe some engine fogger and hand crank it so it doesn't blow it all out again?

wd-40..etc, but rock'n back/forth aint good, for it to "catch". Inspect the red cables and grounds? Use ur car/truck to jump the battery, but dont have vehicle run'n.

If you can reach, hook jump cables strate to starter, see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back