96 seadoo gti electrical problem AGAIN.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as some of you know i put a new motor in a couple weeks ago, swapped my aftermarket mpem for a oem one (i changed the whole box) had my aftermarket key reprogrammed to my new oem mpem, got new starter solenoid, and new start button. Rode it for 4 hours over 2 days breaking it in and had no issues. Only thing I noticed is it sometimes wouldnt start after i turned it off and left the key plugged in for more than a minute but would start back up after i took it off and back on, just not sure if thats normal.

Now comes the problem, i let it sit for 2 weeks and plan on taking it out tomorrow. I put a new multifunction gauge in it Since mine never worked and went to test it and NOTHING. I thought my batt died but no its still charged and it is relatively new. Did the key lose its program? I cant think of what could possibly happen while it sits for 2 weeks.. it’s unbelievable really. Called the dealer who programmed it and they say that it’s impossible to lose program. Help is much appreciated!

With the key off the dess post and you push the start button, do you see anything happen on your gauges?

With the key off the dess post and you push the start button, do you see anything happen on your gauges?
No i do not, i never have since the guages never worked but the new one looks in good condition and id assume it should work.. but no nothing happens. Also i do not have a buzzer/beeper thing. Someone removed it and i never put one back.

Update: looked in the grey box and checked the fuses, the 5 amp was blown. I thought for sure i found my issue, put it back together and still nothing at all. Not sure what that fuse is for or why it was toast but i guess it isnt anything that important since im assuming it was blown before since the thing worked, unless it just blew it again after i put it all back.. dont know where to look at this point.

had a similar symptom,,,the 5 amp kept blowing..was the mpem

Last edited:
had a similar symptom,,,the 5 amp kept blowing..was the pmem
Well i didnt have any problems with the mpem all that ride time and after i parked it i started it to fog it had no issues. and i doubt it sitting for a couple weeks untouched anything would change that would make the mpem go bad..

On a different note, the new gauge i bought is from a 96 xp and looks the same but im wondering if that could cause a problem or not?

Update: found the issue. 96 xp guage has 2 wires in different locations on the main big plug. I swapped the two, put a new fuse in again, and she is good to go. So there u have it 96 xp and gti guages are the same you just have to swap two wires around which is easily told from the color on the wire jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back