96 GTX miss fire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jgranato1

96 GTX that is missing on front cylinder. I checked spark and compression before taking to a local mechanic. Mechanic checked fuel delivery and electronics and can not figure it out.

Ran fine last year. Repaired exhaust bc water leak from one of the weak plugs. Also serviced/cleaned rave valves. Ran ok for a while now missing

Thoughts on where to go next? Plugs? Plug wires?

Cut the wires back 1/4 inch. Also pull the rear ebox, remove the clip holding the ignition wire in,,,sometimes water gets in there, trapped, causing rust, the plastic clip is very fragile, be nice.

That misfire often is the sparkplug boot,,,with rust,,,and “space” in it,,,
So, I take whiteout, make a mark on the wire just above the boot, and
a mark 1/4 inch above that, Pull the boot, cut the wire about 1/4 inch,,,enough to get to “clean wire”,,,I put silicone or grease on the wire,,,this will allow the boot to slip/slide onto the spakplug cap pin,,,the whiteout will tell you if you have pressed the cap in far enough.usually I rotate the cap as I press it in,,,the whiteout should just be above be above the rim of the plug boot,..then a small zip tie to secure the boot.

Back