RESTO 96 gtx info-fuel gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo96gtx

infofuel So my info gauge quit working the other day just show 830 on the screen. Also a short Chinese saying I’m guessing. Not to worried about it but now my fuel gauge now stop working as well. The weird thing about it is that the red light still comes on when it’s low. Just looking for thoughts and help on this. I am thinking the float must still be good since light comes on but maybe it the f1 fuse I read about. Thanks for any input

In all likelihood it’s probably the F1 fuse in the gas gauge/fuel tube. In order to fix it, you need to pull the fuel gauge anyway so personally I’d replace it with either a used fixed unit or a new one or cut the tube open and bridge the fuse.
I assume all your fuel lines have already been replace - grey lines are bad, black 1/4” automotive lines are better.

So haven’t torn apart yet but sometimes while riding the gauge will come on then go off. Stays off more then on. I’m not sure it will be the f1 fuse when everything is not working not just the fuel gauge. Could the whole gauge be bad?

So haven’t torn apart yet but sometimes while riding the gauge will come on then go off. Stays off more then on. I’m not sure it will be the f1 fuse when everything is not working not just the fuel gauge. Could the whole gauge be bad?

You can pull the fuel sender and do an ohm test moving the float slides up and down in it. On the info gauge, you likely have some corrosion on the LCD display to main board connection causing it to be intermittent. You can open it up and separate the 2 boards and clean it with electrical spray and see if that improves it.

First before opening the info gauge, verify you have 12 volts when powering up pushing the start/stop button. With a DMM, verify both 12 volt wires going to the info gauge, refer to the SM for which lines your checking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back