RESTO 96 GTX computer swap to 96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg5502

Hey there all. I just picked up a 96 XP yesterday on a trade. It was sitting outside and collected some dust and dirt. Inside looked good. The only catch was it didn’t have a key to it. I’m not too bothered by that because I know if all else fails, I can just get a new key and have it programmed.
I have a 96 GTX with the 787 engine for parts. My question is if I swapped out the DESS post from the GTX and used the key from it on the XP would I work. My inclination is no. Also would it be possible to swap the computer(MPEM) and use the key then? Would it be worth it to do that or should I just spend the money and get a new key? Thanks for the help in advance.

I was going to swap my whole gray box fromt he XP to the GTX. If you do that you'll need to add a longer harness to get to the engine because the electric box is in the front of the ski on the GTX. I don't know if the tach will work after ther swap. Matt Braley knows all that kinda stuff. LOL

Last edited:
If you use the GTX MPEM in the XP grey box then the key will work. You could also use the whole GTX grey box and the key.

Is it an easy swap? I haven’t really looked at it. I had to leave the ski with my brother in law. From the Houston area but live in San Antonio now working for the govt. Damn Shutdown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back