96 gti hesitation??????????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sericinal

I have gone through my fuel system this year from tank to carbs. Even installed an inline filter before the carbs. The initial start up is fine the idle was not what it has been but I thank I can fix that. After start up when giving the unit full throttle a machine gun type sound, some smoke, hesitation to 15 mph, then finally jumps out and tops out. The top end is better than it has ever been. Is this a slow speed sync adjustment? Or do I need to go deeper? What are some trouble shooting tips? I would really like to have this in the water on Henry Neely for the Fourth. Please help. Thanks.

The machine gun sound makes me think rev limiter, does it seem like you are driving on ice? check the hull seal - your machine is at the crossroads of hull tube or carbon ring seal, the newer carbon ring style uses a bellows type rubber onto the hull and no grease fitting, these new ones can be tightened by sliding the steel rearward and moving the clip to hold it there. The idle should be 1500 in the water, the carbs may need to be balanced and mixture set to be steady at idle and lo/med speeds - sounds like high speed is good except the smoking, is the oiling system drinking, mark the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back