96 GSX Fuel Delivery Issues???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Skipper

Hey Guys,
I recently rebuilt my carbs and replaced all of the gray fuel lines due to bogging down and stalling when giving full throttle. I now still have the same issues... The ski is hard to start but once running it will idle. You can cruise around at 4-5K RPM with no issues. You can also go WOT for about 5 seconds and get full RPM until the carbs run out of gas or something... I did a search and found alot of people complaining about the fuel selector valve getting clogged. Does this sound like my problem? :confused:

appreciate any advice,
Skip

I would check the fuel selector valve just in case, but it sounds like you still have a carb issue, did you verify the pop-off pressure?

I would check the fuel selector valve just in case, but it sounds like you still have a carb issue, did you verify the pop-off pressure?

No, I did not check the pop-off pressure... I did pull off the fuel line after it was primed and I only got a dribble out of it. Not sure what kind of flow im supposed to see..

Oh, and the most important thing I left out... The ski barley would run with the selector on normal, only on reserve. Sorry its Monday :ack:

Yup, It was the fuel selector. I removed it and tried to clean it but it was all gummed up. It seamed like that rubber thing inside was all chewed up. I bypassed it and I can run at 7K RPM's with no issues. She starts right up and idles fine too. :cheers:

Well the last piece of the puzzle is only about 25bux and remember to clean the water/fuel filter each season - amazing to think nobody replaced the fuel lines all these years.

Well the last piece of the puzzle is only about 25bux and remember to clean the water/fuel filter each season - amazing to think nobody replaced the fuel lines all these years.

Yeah, I will order one ASAP. The guy I got the ski from didnt use it much... It has only 38 original hours on the engine. Thing has been sitting until I got my hands on it.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back