96 Challenger Tach Not Working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mejim707

So, my last post was all over the map, but resolved a bunch of problems thanks to this great community!

The boat seems to run great now. The big test is tomorrow on the lake.

The only issue I have left is the tachometer. It has not worked since I got the boat. I had the mag cover off to replace the failed oil pump shaft. I looked over the "pick up". It had some build up on the sensor so I cleaned that and all particles out of the cover and housing. Unfortunately the tach is still not reading the RPMs. It moves slightly when I start the engine, but after that it continues to read 0. What do you suggest to get the tach working?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure the tach is no good as determined in a separate post. I have a few questions;
1. Can I turn the boat on and test the pulse line to make sure it's getting a signal. What is the best way to do this?
2. I've seen suggestions to get the Tiny Tach if I go with an aftermarket solution. Is there a different one I could entertain as well that may look a little better? The tiny tach is a squarish device. I'd prefer a round tach that will fit in the hole if there's one that could be suggested. The Tiny Tach is not very expensive at around $45 on amazon.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back