95 XP hard starting, rotary valve issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sretooh

Hello, I've recently purchased a 95 XP and don't know much about it's history.
It's had hard starting problems so I replaced all the fuel components and lines as well as rebuilt the carbs.
It still continued to have hard starting problems, so I took apart the carbs and double checked everything.
Upon inspecting the rotary valve, I discover that the clearance is way off, greater than .5mm for sure.
But what I'm really concerned about is the damage that the case appears to have, scratches/score marks and some damage to the intake port on the MAG cylinder.

Could someone let me know if this damage is something that I should be concerned with?
Cylinder compression was 145 at the MAG, and 150 at the PTO.

Attachments

• IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 28
Unfortunately if you can feel those grooves you need new cases. The good news is good used ones are cheap and it’s a good time to put in new crank seals.

Thanks so much, I've sourced a good replacement crankcase.
The crank seals you talking about, are you referring to the forward and rear seals?
What else should I be thinking about since its all torn apart? Should I lookin into new bearings and rings, etc. etc.?

If compression is good I wouldn’t.

Crank and rotary gear seals and gaskets. Don’t forget no piston clips too but that’s about it.

I like WSM complete gasket kits for budget builds and hfgreg fro PWC Muscle can hook you up.

Sorry, new clips as you have to pull the piston pins and pistons to split the cases and should never reuse piston pin clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back