Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
95 717 XP will not power on at all, completely dark when pressing non DESS post and start button

Key post has continuity when pressed

Engine turns over when shorting solenoid

Replaced MPEM, solenoid, stator, and rectifier to no avail

Fuses are good

I figure you checked this, but since you did not mention it, is the start button working?
I didn't do a continuity test on the start button yet, power has to go through the key post first before the start button does anything though, and since nothing is happening when the key post is pressed (and does have continuity when pressed) I figure the issue must be elsewhere, it is also a relatively new start/stop button as well so it really should be fine

As mentioned by Spider4real, use a schematic and meter and verify that the signals that go through the safety switch and start button get to their intended locations (usually the MPEM). Switches my be fine but check connecting wires that go to and from the switches. Also check that 12V and ground are present at the MPEM.

Turns out I just had the two small red power wires on the wrong side of the solenoid! Figured I'd post this in case anyone else has issues. They have to be on the battery cable post, not the starter post.

Back