RESTO 95 seadoo xp need help please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo_103

It was running great for about 2 hours and then it just died out of nowhere like it ran out of gas All the electronics went dead so when I got home I started looking at the Electronic box and all the Connections are fine I noticed that the 5amp fuse was blew so I put a new one in still nothing I can get the motor to turn over by putting a screwdriver on the 2 post on the Starter relay but that’s the only thing I can get it to do any help would be Greatly appreciated I will post a picture of the ElectronicImage1567030162.803764.jpg box below

I would say your going to need a new mpem. You can test the mpem with a volt meter. you can get all that info on seadoosource.com

Why would my mpem just go bad out of nowhere the battery light kelp coming on when I was riding it I don’t know why it was doing that the battery cable are on there tight and the 5amp fuse was blew on the top of the MPEM

Gls is correct, my 96 Xp would blow the 5 amp fuse, repeatedly, and after checking any possible electrical short, it was the mpem (an internal short), and unfortunately an expensive replacement.

Any chance you used a booster pack to start the ski? Using a booster pack can damage the mpem and pop the 5 amp fuse.

Thanks for all the help and yes I have used a booster pack to start it and the ski has a lawnmower battery in it

I saw where the starter was lose could that Have anything to do with it I can get the motor to turn over by putting a screwdriver on the starter relay but I still don’t get no lights or beeps when I try the start button so is my MPEM bad thanks Tim

Ordered a new computer it came in today put it all in Fired right up but I still have to figure out why it try’s to cut out at full throttle and you have to cut the gas off then it will Crank but smokes like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back