95 GTX rough idle questions, and docking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaash5

hello, i just got a new to me 95 gtx, this is my first pwc and eventually i want to upgrade but I wanted to test the waters first...

I have a couple questions, it fires up fine, out of the water easily, and even on my first run it fired up easily. After running, which it runs great, if I slow down on the wter and let off the gas, it idles a bit rough and will konk out on me... it will immediately fire back up, but i have to always give it a bit of gas. At first when I launched it didnt do this but did after running for a few minutes. Did I do something wrong?

Also, there are really no hooks at all on the ski, how do I properly attach to a dock without a spot to hook into. Do I use the back of the seat, and around the handlebars like i have seen on some, but I read that isnt good for them.

Sorry for all the noob questions, but gotta learn somewhere.... any tips for leaving it in the water for a week, is that bad? Staying at a lakeside cottage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back