95’ Spx 657x NO ELECTRICAL POWER

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkinney239

So I picked up two Spx’s one just needed a new battery and fresh fuel and oil and it runs perfect. The other one is giving me issues! They both ran a year ago. The one that isn’t running has some sort of electrical issue I can’t figure out! So I hooked a new battery up and nothing, won’t turn over won’t do nothing. So I jumped the starting solenoid and it turned over fast and strong. I replaced the start/stop switch and still nothing. I noticed the 30 amp fuse ( I believe it’s the VTS fuse) in the electrical box was blown so I put a new one in and hooked the battery back up and instantly blew it without touching anything. It has 12.85 volts going to that fuse. Also has 12.85 volts going to the starting solenoid. All grounds in the electrical box are clean and tight. ANY IDEAS???

isolate the vts system and see if it keeps blowing the fuse? if you jumped the solenoid to get it to turn over, replacing the solenoid if you haven't done already would be what I do, paired with cleaning any dirty connections you see throughout the ski.

isolate the vts system and see if it keeps blowing the fuse? if you jumped the solenoid to get it to turn over, replacing the solenoid if you haven't done already would be what I do, paired with cleaning any dirty connections you see throughout the ski.

I unplugged the vts motor and it still blew the fuse. I haven’t replaced the starter solenoid yet.

I put the starter solenoid from the running ski in the not running ski and still nothing. Cleaned the engine ground off really good and checked all the plugs. Still nothing... I’m starting to believe the MPEM CDI is not working.

since this is a ski that has VTS have you checked the rubber seal on the back to make sure its not cracked? If it is then water probably went into the ski through that which can ultimately lead to a blown MPEM. You will find the little rubber boot just above your jet pump on the back. You can also check this by pulling the VTS motor out and seeing if it has rusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back