787 case halves

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black67tb

Need some advice please. After putting this engine together, l have pressure checked rotory valve chamber, and the cooling system. There were no leaks. Then i pressure checked the upper and lower engine chambers together. There is a small leak from the rotory valve cover. I removed the cover. The case halves have a small step that l feel with my finger nail where they join together. Has anyone seen this before? There is no leak between the case halves. Can i just put some Threebond on the rotory valve cover oring? Or is there something seriously wrong?IMG_20220327_193137.jpgIMG_20220327_192312.jpg

Need some advice please. After putting this engine together, l have pressure checked rotory valve chamber, and the cooling system. There were no leaks. Then i pressure checked the upper and lower engine chambers together. There is a small leak from the rotory valve cover. I removed the cover. The case halves have a small step that l feel with my finger nail where they join together. Has anyone seen this before? There is no leak between the case halves. Can i just put some Threebond on the rotory valve cover oring?View attachment 58157View attachment 58156

Same thing happened to me once. On assembly you gotta bump the cases around a tad, get the ends and rotary valve area evened up. I'd use Gasket Eliminator (the red stuff) on that surface but 3 bond will work. Good Luck !!

I depends on how big a step you are talking about? Do the rotary valve clearance test and check the clearance top and bottom. This will tell you the offset. I'd says less than .005" is OK. I never checked mine, I just put it together and rode it. LOL I wasn't taking anything back apart.

People might not agree but if you are gonna leave the step, I take some of the edge off with emery paper and smooth it a bit. Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back