717-657x

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombeks21

Hey guys! First time post. Thanks for letting me into the group. This year I bought my first and now second seadoo. I purchased 2000 GTI that had a bad stator. Long story short bad stator turned into bad crank. Pulled the 717 engine and will rebuild this winter. In the meantime I picked up a XP that I was told had a 717 in it but ended up having a 657x and it's my fault for not checking. 657 engine is in great condition with great compression but the rest of the ski needs alot of work so I planned on putting the 657x into the GTI. Backwards I know but just want to get some time on the water. I know the 657x has a five wire stator and dual coil and the GTI is 4 wire electronics. Is there any way I can wire it into the GTI just to use this summer until I get the 717 rebuilt? I just put a new Mpem in the GTI so I don't want to ruin that. Is it possible or is it not even worth trying?

AS I posted previously, the early years electronics used matched sets and are different from each other.
flywheel-stator-mpem. timing positions are in different locations, so you can't mis-match.
you need to have this set on your rotax engine, as well also must have the correct valve per the motor
size, single or dual carb/intake manifold.
The GTI single carb & intake I prefer more than Dual.

Bills86e

657X & 720 systems are matched for both engines.

Bills86e

PS: Because of my age, I am retired of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back