60hp with "Sport" Mode?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Greasemnky

After a fatal MPEM Failure on my 3D this summer, my wife bought me a "new to me" 2015 Spark for my Birthday.

Here's my question.....It seems to have all the bells and whistles, Its has the IBR, the drop down ladder, storage, etc.

I can toggle to "Sport" mode, and activate it, but there is NO difference to touring that I can see. It tops out at 6100 RPM, and 37-38 MPH in either mode. It has 35 hrs on it. I checked the wear ring, looks a little scratched, but fine. Our area is all sandy fresh water, you have to be a real jack hat to run it up into shore.

I talked to RaceFab about the 110 Tune, and he said there were some early models with "Sport" that don't actually have the 90hp tune.

Any chance that what I ended up with? I've been chasing ghosts trying to figure out why it's "slow" out of the hole etc. It reminds me of my old XP. The title is no help, Michigan calls everything a PWC.

Thanks!

I would think Seadoo would be able to tell what it is by the VIN number.
@hfgreg from PWC Muscle might have some insight on the tune.

Might be a silly question but...since the ski is new to you.....did you get a "Learning Key" which limits the skis capabilities and/or a "regular key"?

A dealer can wipe out the "learning" key and program it as a regular key (if need be).

I shipped it off to Race Lab, might as well get a 110 tune in it either way! I wish these had the learning keys, these just have the magnet keys, its not coded to the boat at all.

I shipped it off to Race Lab, might as well get a 110 tune in it either way! I wish these had the learning keys, these just have the magnet keys, its not coded to the boat at all.
Sorry, I'm not following what you mean by magnet key.....your 2015 Spark doesn't have the round ball post RFID key?

My '06 GTX has the DESS system (cap style key), my 2018 Spark and my 2018 GTS have the round ball post RFID keys. The keys are programmed to each ski respectively.

I thought all newer (since '96 on up) Seadoo's have some type of security system (DESS or RFID) and they all need a programmed key of some sort to communicate with the ski/mpem to function/start.

The RFID keys can be programmed as a "Learner" key which reduces the skis abilities as the rider "learns" or a straight up regular key that allows the full functionality of the ski to be utilized.

Is this a 2-up 60 HP? Even then you should be able to go faster than 37-38 mph. I am a bit surprised. It should go to around 42 mph unless riding at maximum weight. Have you look at Riva MapTunerX?

Back