210 SP Ski Mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog77

Hello All,
We Took the boat out this weekend to stretch its legs out after a long winter. Since we picked up the boat last year, we really didn't spend a lot time using the Ski Mode, until the last weeks of the Summer learning to Wake board, which I thought I had down with Ramp 3, Speed 18-25. I went to test that yesterday, and the boat wasn't launching hard at all. Seemed to struggle. I tried different Ramps (1-5) and Speeds, but they all acted the same, and never really got up to speed. What gives? It has a fresh Tune up (Plugs, Oil, Filters, Etc), and it accelerates and handle just fine in a normal mode. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

2011 Sea-doo Challenger 210 SP 310

I would review the set up process for ski mode in the owners manual and pay particular attention to the different modes annunciated on the MFD. “ski mode active” etc. Always verify a button selection on the MFD before launching. Hopefully it’s operator error, very inexpensive to fix.

I’ve experienced that before & I shut down the boat & then restarted & it started working again with no further issues since then. Not sure what caused the glitch but it has not been duplicated.

I have had similar minor issues with our ski mode on our 2010 210 Challenger, similar to Briancayco.... it's happened to me a couple times. But a restart and everything seems to be fine.

We mostly boat in Canyon Lake outside of Phoenix, AZ and there is one place on the lake where Ski Mode often goes nuts. I assume it is due to the canyon walls blocking the GPS signals. Not something most boaters would experience. Restarting seems to help, as does moving to a different part of the lake.

One thing Id check next time you use ski mode is to see if the RPMs are at the right revs. I haven't had any issue with my ski mode before, but I on my previous jet boat (AR 190), it'd accelerate fine normally but when it came time for me to ski, the engine would bog down so hard, it would barely accelerate and barely be able to get out of the water.

That said, in addition to checking the RPMs and making sure they're at the appropriate revs, also try pulling the wake boarder manually and see if the boat behaves similarly. If so, could be just the boat feeling a lot more drag than it can accommodate, as a wakboarder's starting position does make for some decent drag. Furthermore, if you could wake board fine last year, it may just be some minor cavitation that, during normal usage ( i imagine nobody is pulled in the water), you won't notice it but it becomes clear when you do have someone in the water. I had similar issues, but when I was skiing, boat tended to veer to one side just a bit, but have matching RPMs. Looking at my wear rings, it ended up being one had some damage from rocks and was caveating on that side. But when I cruised around the lake, didn't have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back