2018/19 Seadoo rough water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzygone

I’ve been on a handful of older seadoos for jaunting around inland lakes.... but these new 2018/19 skis have caught my attention.

I’m curious if jet skis can be viewed more as a “motorcycle of the sea” vs a toy?

Can you comfortably cruise from location to location on them?

Can you stay dry in rougher water?

And how realistic is the “picnic on the back” advertising they show now?

(Basically I’m curious if a pair of GTX’s would replace a small boat)

Between a 2003 and a 2018, there is a world of a difference. On my GTI 2003 I used to get splashed all the time. On my GTI 2018, almost never. You can even ride in your running shoes without getting them wet (well, if you are careful...) provided that you embark from a dock.

I still like my old 2003 but when waves are high (and that includes those surf boats), I will systematically use my 2018.

I've owned a lot of Seadoo GTIs over the year and last year I bought a new GTX 230 with the new ST3 hull and the difference is night and day. My GTI can be a very rough ride and tends to porpoise at over 50 Mph (for some reason all of my GTIs have done this) My GTX rips through chop with ease with zero porpoising up to 70Mph. We ride an extremely busy river (and lakes) with wake boats and 40ft+ boats and the GTX's ST3 hull takes it on with ease.
The GTI on the other hand hasn't seen any changes for the most part since 2011. (With the exception of the 2nd generation IBR starting in 2016). Almost the exact same ski since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back