2017 leaking coolant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

detz

2017 was fine, this year couple weeks into the season (June) I noticed some overheat errors and after checking under the seat I noticed there was no coolant. Filled that up and within a week another warning. Now, I can ride for about an hour and it's needs more again but I can't figure out what to check or where to start. It doesn't leak if just idle only if I run it. Where should I start my search, how can I tell?

Have you checked your oil? If it's milky, then you have an internal leak (intercooler, head, oil cooler).

Based on your profile, it appears you have a ski, so I'd also check the ride plate for leaks as well.

Do you notice anything in your bilge?

I did check the oil but just to make sure it wasn't leaking, I doubt I could tell if it was cloudy though.

I had to look up what a ride plate was, now you can see who you're working with here. ;-) We leave it in the water year around as we don't have a vehicle to tow is to the trailer is stored at the marina so there is not easy way to pull it out and check things.

If I stick my hand on the bottom of the ski it feels greesy, not like water but that's where I'm assuming I'm leaking the coolant too. I drove it for 20 minutes and then opened it up to see if it was coming out the top/overflow and it wasn't so it has to be somewhere else.

Oil will look like chocolate milk if it's contaminated with antifreeze. The coolant has to be going somewhere at the rate of loss you're describing. I'd pump some of the oil out and have a look. I'd also assume your oil level would be reading a bit high with the extra volume.

Pull the plugs and check them as well. Post some pics of everything so we can see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back