2011 GTX 260 is

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAAAAAAAA

hi there...I have a 2011 GTX260 is ...new to me....just had it in water for first trip...only do 40mph and 6000rpm in sport mode....not sure problem

Several things can cause this problem. First (and not trying to sound mean) is it the Normal key you are using and not Learner Key?
If normal key it sounds like you are not getting boost. Let’s start with some simple things since this is a ski the top has to come off to do a lot of work. First check and make sure your hoses did not come off your super charger and or throttle body/intake. You can still reach in and feel them through the little hole you have to work with. If they are on then take your back storage trays out and see if hoses are still attached to your intercooler. If all hoses are attached I do not know if you will have the room to reach your arm inside to remove air intake hose from supercharger and see if you can reach in and turn wheel by hand. Clutch slip on supercharger could also cause this problem and may need top removal to check.
Just had a friend with same ski have the adzact same problem last week. Not over 35 and 6000 rpm. His hose came off of the throttle body from intercooler so he was getting no boost. Also do basic maintenance suck as new spark plugs etc. Hopefully this is a problem that can be fixed without having to remove the top because if you have not done that before you are in for a treat. I had three of these skis (2 2010 and 1 2011) while the IS model is comfortable to ride and they have a lot of power I was fed up with having to take the top off all the time for even simple repairs. It gets old real fast. I have gotten rid of two of them so far and last one up for sale. It is so nice going back to a ski I only have to remove the seat in 2 seconds to work on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back