2007 GTI with short to ground

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron A

With battery connected and with no lanyard, have following issues: I can hear something (??) power up and cycle about every 10 secs. At same time, the info center gets power and flashes different lights. If I disconnect the wires to beeper or if I disconnect wires to DESS.....the short goes away. I have disconnected fuel pump...but problem still there.
Also with the lanyard in, the start switch doesn't always engage....sometimes takes 10-15 hits before the motor will fire up.
Trouble shooting, I have disconnected the positive battery cable and using a test light, when I connect positive cable thru test light to batter....the light comes on. From this, I assume I have dead short somewhere. And because the issue goes away when disconnecting either the buzzer wires or DESS wires....the assumed short has to be somewhere in that wiring.
I have also disconnected the B side of EMC and of course, short goes away.
Reading other info, I'm confused if anything has power when batter connected. Does DESS draw power without lanyard?
Any suggestions/help appreciated.
Thanks

Update:
Took ski into dealer and I have a bad DESS post. I can replace the post myself.

Question: Do I have to buy new lanyards or will old ones work? Also do I have to have DESS post programmed?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

No, the DESS post doesn't have any relation to key programming, just replace it and you will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back