2007 Challenger 180...dead...no beeps...need some help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

newfiedoo

On our maiden voyage last night. New to us 2007 with 76 hours. Got about 10 minutes in and it died. Doing about 30mph.
No beeps at all. Issue would resemble pulling the key out mid ride.
All accessories work.

1) We checked the 3 fuses coming directly from the battery switch.
2) We checked the fuses just above the engine
3) We checked the fuses in the compartment under the steering wheel.

4) Are there any other fuses? I'm unable to track down a shop manual for the boat to find a wiring diagram.
Another poster, years ago, mentioned a 15a and 20a fuses "low down in the bilge". Have been unable to find any such fuses.

5) We tested the DESS cap and post. The post tested fine. The cap has 12 ohm - another poster suggested that anything over 10 is an issue. Can anyone confirm?

6) The owners manual says that if not in Neutral, I should still hear a long beep, to indicate that the shifter is in F or R.
If Neutral Switch was shot, is it possible to get zero beeps and zero activity in the information center?

That's as far as I've gotten in diagnosing the issue. Thanks in advance.

We located our trouble. Sure enough, near the solenoid, are two more fuses. The 15amp looked like it exploded. Replaced both, added dialectic grease, and wired them up about 6" higher.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 85309B48-CBD8-4519-9536-47FCCD46E968.jpeg
    85309B48-CBD8-4519-9536-47FCCD46E968.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back