2005 Seadoo GTI Tuned pipe hole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JimyIrons

I was getting both my Seadoos ready for lake season... GTI LE RFI ran fine first start as usual... my GTI LE 2 stroke started no problem after third time but noticed water spewing into the engine compartment. I took the below video... looks like a hole in the tuned pipe. :(

So my question is before I replace the pipe do you think JB Weld Aluminum epoxy will work on this? This is the replacement piep that I put in it five years ago...

Thanks for your help.

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 12
Very common with age.
I have used the JB weld epoxy putty as a temporary fix.

@racerxxx makes new aluminum discs that you can have a welding shop install for a permanent fix.

JB Weld Steel Stick Putty.
As far as I know it has been working for years as I don't think my friend ever fixed it correctly.

Did some research on different JB weld products and they have a good one.. I'll give this a shot first.. hope it lasts for a long time :)

About this item​

• J-B WELD MARINEWELD: A two-part epoxy cold weld system that provides strong, lasting repairs to multiple surfaces. Perfect for all DIY marine and watercraft repairs.
  • CURE AND SET TIME: After mixing the tubes at a 1:1 ratio, it takes 4-6 hours to set and 16-24 hours to cure. Once cured J-B Weld MarineWeld can be tapped, filled, sanded, molded and drilled. J-B Weld MarineWeld’s set and cure color is dark grey.
  • VERSATILE AND DEPENDABLE: J-B Weld MarineWeld is steel reinforced, has a tensile strength of 5020 PSI and can withstand temperatures up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit (287 degrees Celsius). When fully cured, MarineWeld is waterproof and resistant to petroleum, chemical and acid. It retains strength above & below water.
  • SURFACE APPLICATIONS: Aluminum, Fiberglass, Metal, Plastic/Composite, Wood.
  • DO IT YOURSELF: Big or small, you can DIY it with J-B Weld. Our heavy duty epoxy and adhesives repair & restore it right the first time. J-B Weld delivers superior performance, quality, and results for the World’s Strongest Bond.

Back