2005 Sea doo Sportster Mechanic and Maintenance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobthraX

Hi everyone - I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2005 Sportster and am having a slight panic attack that I can't find a mechanic to work on the boat if there's a problem.

Most of what I've read on the thread is people perform their own maintenance. I am not a mechanical idiot, but by no means am I an expert. I'm most concerned about diagnostics to identify the root cause of an issue if there's a weird sound, acceleration issue, etc.

Any insight / comfort / warnings / advice / recommendations are greatly appreciated. The boat looks fantastic and fun, I just don't want to get into something that I can't keep on the water.

Thanks in advance for your help!

ps - of someone knows of a mechanic in the Jacksonville/st Augustine are that would be be awesome!

Is there no BRP shops/garage/dealers around your place? These guys really know their stuff around seadoos. Have you tried Can-Am & Kawasaki Dealer, MS | Jackson Motorsports | ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles ? Could be worth a shot at least for specific jobs, regular maintenance should be easy enough.

I went to a BRP garage and i was amazed by how the guy knew about my boat, i am lucky tho was right next to the factory in Valcourt, these guys are trained BRP reps and get first dibs on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back