2005 RXT Cutting Out and Overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trossol

I recently bought a pair of 2005 RXTs. One of them cuts out when accelerating, but only when accelerating from a stop and at wide open throttle. Once it is up to speed, it runs fine and tops out at the same speed as the other. It also accelerates gradually without any problems.

The same one also sets off the high temp warning when cutting back and forth through its own wake, but doesn’t have any problems when running at high speeds.

Any recommendations before I break down and take it into the dealer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Tim

Hi Tim

Im a new member but i have a 2005 RXT and it sets off the high temp warning when cutting back and forth as well
did you get a resolution to the problem any advice would be appriciated

Many Thanks

Graeme

I'm guessing you're setting of the high temp warning in the exhaust not engine. What's probably going on is you have some obstruction in the water intake for the exhaust which disrupts water flow at lower speeds. I would check the water intake and make sure there's nothing plugged up in there.

Hi thanks for the advice is it a big job to strip it down and check or should i get the dealer to do it

don't know a lot about them

Many Thanks

Try this before letting the stealer have your baby for a while....

There is a water line feeding your water box...while the ski is outa the water...on lift...trailer..ect...with motor off disconnect line form J-pipe....here's the tricky part....blow on the line.

Sometimes the screen in the pump will get a bit clogged with crap.

Reconnect and try it out on the water.

Try this before letting the stealer have your baby for a while....

There is a water line feeding your water box...while the ski is outa the water...on lift...trailer..ect...with motor off disconnect line form J-pipe....here's the tricky part....blow on the line.

Sometimes the screen in the pump will get a bit clogged with crap.

Reconnect and try it out on the water.

Beat me to it but this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back