2005 GTX- how fast should it be ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctors Orders

I know people probably ask this type of question all the time, but ...... I just purchased a 2005 Sea Doo GTX 4tec Wake Edition.... What should the top speed be?? I'm barely getting 50 mph (by speedo- haven't tried GPS)... Last year I had a 2003 GTX 4tec Supercharged- and it felt much much faster.... I'm wondering if something might be wrong with the one I just got.... ??? I think the tach was showing that it very quickly revs up to like 8,000 RPM- but it just isn't feeling very fast.. The impeller seems to be in good shape from what I can see... Ideas ?

You can't 'see' the impeller or wear ring well enough thru her butt, but then engine rpm should jump to maybe 4k then climb in proportion to boat speed from there. As for speed probably very low 60's anyway.

Something must be wrong- nowhere near the low 60's... I will be happy with that.... looks like I'll be learning how to replace impeller and wear ring .....

I know this is an older thread, but I bought mine brand new and I never got it over 60. I would say that 55-57 is the norm for me. Occasionally it would flash over 60 but that was on water like glass.

Supercharged 3 seater 215 HP should hit up to 64 mph. Your speedometer could be off as well. 55 to 60 is not shabby. Your impeller could need sharpening on the leading edge and the shroud could need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back