2005 1800 or pre 2005 1800 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickster_a1

I am looking to purchase an 1800 Challenger and have found an almost mint 2005 with the 215hp Supercharged motor and I found a 2003 mint 1800 with the 210hp 2-stroke Mercury. I have read for days about both and understand the early 4-tec Supercharger had problems (ceramic washers in the charger) and the ics on this one doesn't work either. I can get the 2003 for about 5K cheaper with no problems. What do you all think??

So go with the newer technology in the 2005 or stay with what is tried and true with the 2003?

Thanks!!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercury

This response is not based on direct experience. I was interested in the Utopia's for a long time and looked into the Mercury's a lot. There is the motor, which I believe is rather common and similar to an outboard, and the jet pump. In my readings I heard people saying to be careful because some Seadoo Dealers do not work on the Merc's anymore.

Again, this is me passing along what heard - not experience.

Thanks jshaley I ended up finding a 2002 X-20 that appears to be in great condition (checking her out Saturday). I heard what you did and called my local Mercury dealer and they would have no problem working on it. They used to service a 115/80 mercury jet outboard I had and did a great job, so I was happy to find out they will service my Seadoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back