2004 Seadoo GTI LE problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, need some help desperately. Bought a used 2004 seadoo GTI LE. Took it down to the river and do a short test ride and it seemed to run ok. I shut it off and then tried to restart it and it was hard to start like it wanted to start but didn't. a few tries and it finally started and seemed to run ok. Upon loading it on the trailer I told the owner about it and he assured me the gas was old and to throw a bottle of seafoam in it and it would be ok. I bought it and decided to siphon out the old gas and refill it and add some seafoam to it. I pulled the gas line off the tank and was siphoning gas when I noticed a nipple coming out of the oil reservoir with no hose connected to it. (see pics) Not sure where the hose was because I couldn't find one loose laying around. Upon further investigation I noticed a line which I think comes off of the oil injector(not sure) running toward the engine not hooked up to anything. I though maybe it went to the nipple on the oil reservoir but its 2 short to go there so I'm baffled. I included some pics to maybe help. I'm not a mechanic but I can usually look at a diagram and figure things out so I need someone's expertise to help me figure this out please. I can't be sure the oil is being mixed properly with the gas with these lines missing and lines loose laying around. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • nipple.jpg
    nipple.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
First off and welcome to a great forum and a great ski, I have a 2003.
The hose that is not connected is just the battery vent hose and gets connected to flooded or "wet" batteries.
The second thing is the check valve on the oil tank is just a vent and doesn't connect to anything.

Now onto the bad......

It looks like the oil in the tank is blue which is the complete wrong oil to use in a seadoo so that needs to be drained, flushed and changed to only API-TC rated oil.

For your running issues do not add Seafoam at all! It sounds like you have a fuel system issue which is very common on these older skis. We can get you up and running for another 20 years for about a $200 investment and you will have a great ski to use all summer. Do not ride it without doing everything or you will damage the engine.

So here we go.............

1. New oil filter. If you have oil leaking in the hull inspect the oil tank seams and new grommets. $20.
2. 2 gallons of correct oil, one to refill and one to have on hand.
3. New fuel valve #275500098 and strainer #275500088 . $45
4. Two new NGK BR8ES spark plugs $6
5. New 3/32" tygon oil lines from the oil pump to the intake manifold $10
6. New Genuine Mikuni Carb kit #MK-BN38/44-SPR and 2.0 Needle and seat $45 + $15 only buy genuine Mikuni Parts!
7. New carb to intake gasket #293250134. $8
8. Grease the PTO.
9. Change the jet pump oil and check impeller and wear-ring. $20

Last edited:
OK, I was mistaken on the line I'm holding in my hand. I traced it and it doesn't connect to the oil reservoir. it seems to run toward the inside outside of the hull. It could possibly be a vent I don't know.

dude, thanks for the info. everything you said made sense, I'm just a jet ski noob. I did change all the filters and strainers and replaced the spark plugs. The guy was using some motorcraft oil for injection but I replaced with seadoo XPS synthetic. I'll do the other maint. items on your list. thanks a lot, it really helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back