2004 gtx sc buzzing noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosgsxr

Hey yall, its been a while. Just picked up a set of 2004 gtx SC skis that have been sitting for a while. They need quite a bit of work but they both run. I plan to start on one at a time. First question on ski #1 is....it will run as it should but only for about half a tank of gas and that's when it will beep and shut down. The LCD screen is not readable {gonna have it repaired next week). At first I thought it was not charging and the battery was dead so I tested the battery with a meter on it while running (new battery) and it's getting 13.9 volts so its charging as it should. When I put the key on it with the seat off, I can hear a very fast clicking noise that sounds like its coming from the area of the computer. I think this may be what is pulling the battery down. If I leave the battery hooked up over night the battery will be dead the next day.Video of clicking

You have verified the charging system is working but the battery is probably still bad. Pull it out and have it load tested at any auto parts store. Better yet just put in a new one. The clicking sounds like your charging relay firing on and off which could be from a bad battery.

thanks for the response have checked the battery and it is charging while running and while off the battery has 12.8 volts...unit starts fine and runs good...the battery was load tested and checked out good. battery is a week old..

Now that your sure the battery is good it’s time to start troubleshooting the charging and start systems. That clicking noise is definitely going to cause vibration which you should be able feel with a finger. Isolate the click and then figure out why it’s clicking. Any ski that has sat is going to be prone to corrosion resistance, use a wiring diagram for your ski and go through all the wiring, connections, and grounds for corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back