2003 RXDI oil filler neck issues???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert1

I recently met a Seadoo tech that has been in the business for years. We were talking about my skis (03 rxdi) and he told me to make sure the "check valve" in the oil filler neck was present or the engine would blow up. I know that one of my skis has this in place and the other one has broke off and is laying inside the oil tank. There are 2 lines that come off the injection system and go to the filler neck, I just figured they were vents. We ran it all summer last year and they have been doing fine. Anyone know about this issue? Is it really a problem. There is a nipple off the filler neck and the little check valve lays inside the oil fill pipe. Thanks for any insite on this issue.

The DI oil system is s little different in that it does have additional hoses connected to the filler neck and the check valve unlike the older skis. I wouldn’t chance it as he might be correct.

The DI oil system is s little different in that it does have additional hoses connected to the filler neck and the check valve unlike the older skis. I wouldn’t chance it as he might be correct.
Im looking into it but doesn't make any sense. I ran them all summer with no issues...Thanks for the reply.

Honestly I’m not familiar with the DI skis but for some reason there are 2 hoses that come from the engine into that filler neck that the carb skis don’t have. It is also strange that the check valve is inside the filler hose. But it is there for a reason. My concern would be that if it is able to create a vacuum it could reduce the oil flow to the pump thus starving the engine of oil.

This guy I met just told me about it. I bought 2 of the same skis about a year ago and they have been running great! First thing i did was change the injection filter and took out the cheap oil and install the xp oil. One ski has the check valve in place and the other is missing. That nipple just clips into the filler neck from the bottom and its broken off. I have found these new from the vintage parts site for about 30 bucks. Im thinking the valve is in the pipe so it don't burp oil when filling be can't be sure. This seadoo guy has seen an issue with blown up engines and they all were missing the nipple and check valve which is laying in the bottom of the oil reservoir , I saw it when I had the fluid sucked out....Thank You for responding.

Update, he called me today and he talked to some of his other tech buddies and they said the filler neck actually wasn't the issue but when the check valve breaks off it falls down in to the oil reservoir and will actually fit right over the oil line hole and starve the pump of oil. So.....I will fish that part out of the oil reservoir and prolly take the check valve off the other ski.....Just a heads up for guys that have these old skis...Cheers fellas.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back