2003 gtx di fuel pump won't turn on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csjoslin

New to this forum, my gtx di won't start. It turns over and will only start with starting fluid. The fuel system doesn't humm, pump or make any noise when the key is turned on. New fuel pump, brand new fuel rail, changed out fuses as well. Nobody around me will even look at a DI so I am at a complete loss of what to do. Not a mechanic , but I can get around a little bit. Any help would be highly appreciated.

DI’s are their own animal but never use starting fluid. It will remove all lubricant from the engine.

I would start by cleaning all your connections. buy the way, I put an aftermarket fuel pump in my DI and it would not run. I bought a pressure gauge and found out not enough pressure. I sucked it up and bought a Sea Doo fuel pump and all is good now.

I would start by cleaning all your connections. buy the way, I put an aftermarket fuel pump in my DI and it would not run. I bought a pressure gauge and found out not enough pressure. I sucked it up and bought a Sea Doo fuel pump and all is good now.
What is the best way to clean the connections? I do have an aftermarket pump that I changed out a few months back and it ran great. I swapped it out thinking that one went bad already but still not turning on.

I used CRC quick dry electronic cleaner and a tooth brush. Remember to disconnect the battery and let dry thoroughly.

Rewired the fuel pump and now it runs! But the last time I had it out before the pump issue it ran a ground, nothing serious, but after that it was running weird. Now when I rev it up it almost seems like in there somewhere it revs again almost like something is not right. The wear ring is only a few months old and from underneath it looks fine. Gonna water test but not sure what it will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back