2002 utopia cuts out at 3500+ RPM's

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002utopia205

I have a seadoo utopia 205 sport boat equipped with a Mercury 250 optimax M2. It has 123 hours on it. At just under 4000 RPM's it cuts out, or misfires, but doesn't stall. If you throttle back it runs fine, up to about 10 MPH. I thought I had a spark of fuel system issue but I took it to the seadoo dealer where for 1500.00 they replace the impeller, impeller housing and the intake grate. I brought it back to the lake and had the same issue. Dropped it off at the seadoo dealer and within an hour it was fixed. They said they didn’t make a connection that caused this problem. Is there any connection at the impeller or impeller housing that would cause this behavior? If so, please elaborate, I either want to recreate on my own or challenge the dealers repair. (As a side note, I did run over a hat during a fourth of July parade once so I know if something gets caught in the impeller you can rev the boat to the max and only putt along but it never cutout / misfired.) Thank you for your help.

It sounds like the shifter lever switch was stuck in the nuetral position. rev limeter was not alowing engine to turn higher rpms. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
same problem but with Mercury 240 efi

Could this also be the problem with mine...I was on the lake running fine then later in the day she wanted to high speed but just wouldnt? I have a 02 challenger with a a mercury 240 efi. PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back