2002 Seadoo Utopia 205

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temery287

Hi there

I am considering buying a Seadoo Utopia 205 with Merc V6.

I dont know much about these boats...this one looks to be in great condition and well cared for.

Can anyone help me with whatCBto look for when pirchasing a boat like this ?

Thanks

Troy

I believe I have same engine with you with my Mercury V6, I have challenger 2000, Just look at the cylinder psi 120 above is good, check engine turn over, check idle rpm 1200 when load over the water, check rpm WOT 6000 and speed >45 mph at WOT is good. check engine sputtering.

i'd crawl under it and check the impeller and wear ring.. first thing.. i learned the hard way and bought a utopia 185 and did't know what i was doing and first thing i had to replace was that.. so thats 1000 right off the bat

How do you check the impeller and wear ring?

Without doing any disassembly, looking up into the tunnel. The leading edges should be smooth with no nicks or dings or bent blades. Looking thru the steering nozzle, the wear ring is what surrounds the impeller. Should be smooth, no gouges. In a perfect world, it would still be factory black. The clearance between them should be less than half the thickness of a dime. Every bit of clearance relates to a loss of efficiency and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back