2002 FX140 Oddity

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner71

So a buddy of mine has 2 FX140 that I ride quite a bit. They both run in the 54-56 mph range.
This summer he left them in his slip at the marina and maybe only rode them 3 or 4 times. The last time he rode them he said they would only go about 25mph.
Well he made me an insane deal to buy them so I did. This weekend I washed all the crap off them and looked up in the pump and all looks ok.
They both fire right up and idle perfect. Problem is they will only get to about 8700rpm not 10k so they are running about 33mph. I changed the plugs and the filter looks clean.
Is it possible he picked up some crap fuel? Fuel was at a quarter tank when i got them and I have run a tank and a half through them and dumped some lucas injector cleaner in them. Any ideas? Im leaning to injectors?
What are the odds they both behave the same way at the same time. Has to be the fuel I would think.

Yes, nothing likes sitting anymore with the danged alcohol gas. Evaporates and leaves gunk that clogs jets in carbs (or injectors?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back