2001 rx exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zareski20

Hey so ended up coming into a 2001 rx sat for like 7-8 years so I got it running actually fired up pretty quick but I just went through and cleaned the carbs rebuilt them and everything changed the fuel lines oil filter and all that trying to button everything up and the exhaust bolts pipe to manifold the first bolt in sequence I'm suppose to tighten won't tighten it just spins has anyone had a similar issue are the threads trashed in the manifold if so any ideas or suggestions of how to fix

Sounds like threads are stripped, you can heli coil it or grab a used manifold off ebay

Yea I was thinking that but just didn't understand how it would happen if it hasn't been apart before was hoping to get it finished and on the water this weekend but I guess I'll have to see what I can get done next couple days

appears it has been apart,,,what may have happened,,,is that when someone installed the pipe,,it was not balanced flush,,,and in trying to tighten,,they tore threads,,that pipe is extremely heavy and awkward to maneuver,,usually the front hex bolt is sheared off,,,the front bracket is everything on the 951 pipe.

Make sure the exhaust bushings are in decent condition. As Popps Says, that bracket is very important. There is anothr bracket that is a bit more difficult to get to.
HeliCoils are easy in aluminum, NAPA has them but they are awful proud of them. :D

So would seem it was apart before I had to use a helicoil. It seems like one of the other holes was already done but I got everything torqued up and back together now hooking it up to a hose tomm and maybe in the water Sunday ran out of light and ambition today haha. Side note though that exhaust wrench was wonderful I wish I got that from the start made life so easy for anyone who is dealing with these machines still get a wrench f ur working on the exhaust and don't split the exhaust pipes either take it out as one piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back