2001 GTX RFI red light on gauge, oil leak, fuel issue, cavitation and other??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsnyder

Noticed a few drops of oil on the ground and took a look inside this is what I discovered...

New to Sea-Doo maintenance but up for a challenge. Any ideas on where to start?

Background: ski has 14.4 hours, new to me 6 months ago. Drained oil and gas, new spark plugs, cleaned RAVE valves, installed new Rectifier, new Duracell battery. Waiting on new wear ring and brass lock nuts for steering \ reverse cables to be delivered.

The engine runs good at home while on hose. Rode it for 20 minutes recently but the red light on dash was on before I left the ramp. (Possible low volt/charge on battery or bad rectifier or issue with mpem).

Removed glove box and ready to drain gas and oil.

Appreciate any advice or tips on where to start troubleshooting.

IMG_0139.JPGIMG_0140.JPG

Could you take some pictures of the front compartment of the ski so I can see the vent hose routing? I'm not even sure I have the correct hoses so... I used my 96 GTX vent hoses.

If you saw oil on the ground I'd suspect the jet pump seal or cavity leaking.

Could you take some pictures of the front compartment of the ski so I can see the vent hose routing? I'm not even sure I have the correct hoses so... I used my 96 GTX vent hoses.

If you saw oil on the ground I'd suspect the jet pump seal or cavity leaking.

The oil is draining on the ground via the drain plug.

IMG_0143.JPGIMG_0145.JPGIMG_0146.JPG

Hope these help ya...

Ok this is the type of two stroke oil I am using. IMG_0156.JPG

If this is the wrong type of oil can you recommend an alternative?

See where it says TCW-3? That’s how you know it’s wrong.

Any full synthetic API-TC will work, seadoo XPS, amsoil dominator, mystic are all good. You can’t mix them with what you have so you will have to drain, flush and change the oil filter then bleed the system.

Thanks for the pictures !!! The hoses are so much thicker and massive compared to the older ones I used. Mine are also in 2 pieces which was confusing. I didn't take any of that apart so... that's how it goes. Thanks again.

Noticed a few drops of oil on the ground and took a look inside this is what I discovered...
]

By they way, I have a couple of skis I am going trash and I have a couple of oil tanks. I'll sell it to you for $10.00 plus shipping. 10 bucks is for me to take it off, clean it up and package it. I'd give it to you if you were near me. LOL

1- Removed fuel and oil reservoirs, (The fuel tank had a ton of gunk in the bottom and the fuel pump assembly and fuel strainers looked original)
2- cleaned up oil reservoir, Three cracks were visible on the two part seam of the polyethylene reservoir.
3- cleaned the seam and cracks with degreaser and isopropyl alcohol. Attempted to perform polyethylene weld with polyethylene tubing. Cracks remained.
4- took dremel tool and cut down as much of the polyethylene to remove any oil and foreign debris from the crack locations. Cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and perform plastic weld with polyethylene tubing. Successful patch job!
5- perform pressure and leak test. Successful patch job.
6- reinstall fuel and oil reservoirs into ski.
7- begin attaching hoses and electrical connectors.

IMG_0205.JPGIMG_0208.JPGIMG_0215.JPGIMG_0218.JPGIMG_0222.JPGIMG_0245.JPG

8- install new inline oil filter
9- attempt to replace fuel lines (if anyone has any tips on how to do this please share, the bottom two fuel hoses on either side of the engine are full of debris.

Dang Bro !! Helluva job !!! I have never had one apart previously so I was scratching my head a bit trying not to tear anything up. LOL I didn't have the rivets on the bottom plate like so many said there would be. I didn't mark the pump like I should have so I had to play with it a bit to get it lined up properly in the container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back