2001 gtx not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsucci

Just put new pistons in my 2001 gtx and now it won't start. It cranks but won't fire up. Sprayed some starting fluid in the air box to see if it was a fuel issue and still no start. I gotta grab my ohm meter and check the coils next. I checked compression and only had 25 psi each cylinder. I did some reading and a fee people said that it had to run for a bit to seat the rings and get the compression up. This kinda concerned me and not sure if that's the reason for it not starting. My gut tells me that it's a compression issue. Like to get some opinions before I pull the engine back out. Thanks in advance.

Wrong,,,it should start,,,and the 25 psi will not start anything,,,with a new top end,,,what happens is that some time of riding,,,you actually get some higher revs,

Hopefully you put new Rings on those pistons? 25 PSI is super low.

Was the piston sidewall clearance and ring gaps within specs?
Did you clock the rings?
Align the arrow on the top of the Piston to the Exhaust side?

2001 GTX-- I am assuming this is a 2 Stoke? New base Gasket and Head gaskets?

Hopefully you put new Rings on those pistons? 25 PSI is super low.

Was the piston sidewall clearance and ring gaps within specs?
Did you clock the rings?
Align the arrow on the top of the Piston to the Exhaust side?

2001 GTX-- I am assuming this is a 2 Stoke? New base Gasket and Head gaskets?
New pistons, rings, gaskets. Had the arrows facing the exhauste.. bought the factory 88mm pistons. Honed the cylinder walls , didn't bore them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back