2000 GTX RFI Shuts Off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilie

I have a 2000 Seadoo GTX RFI. I was cruising at 3/4 throttle it just turn off. The display screen went blank. I remove the lanyard and put it back on. The machine started but quit again. This process was repeated over and over. The interval of run time varied between a few seconds to a few minutes. Each time it would die, I would remove the lanyard and replace it again. Most of the time it took a few tries for it to recognize the lanyard and activate the screen. When it would run, it was quite gutless. By the time I got it back to shore I couldn't get the machine to recognize the lanyard at all. Once it sat for some time out of the water I was successful in attaching the lanyard and the screen activating. The battery was fully charged before I used the machine. Not once did a warning display on the screen during this time.

The lanyard is clean. I've checked the grounds and every thing looks like new. I've read on other sites of similar problems and it's been suggested that it may be the computer.

This machine has only 62 hrs on it and has never given any trouble. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Check your charging system. Also, even if your battery is showing a charge, it may be bad under a load. The RFI has a high current demand and will not run if the voltage drops much below 12v. Load test your battery and make sure you are getting at least 13.2 to 13.5 volts at the battery when running at about 3000 rpm. Let us know what the results are.

Same Problem with my 00' Replaced the actual lanyard sensor (what the dealer called a DESS post??) below the bars and it fixed it, took it out for a few hours then happened again, seadoo said I had a bad sensor, they replaced it for free and so far so good, are you in salt or fresh water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back