2000 GTX fuel injected fouling plugs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discobaylou

My other ski is giving me a headache lol! It has a newer motor with 18 hours on it I keep fouling plugs after an hour of riding. I am using the white bottle mineral oil.
I have a 2002 RXDI fuel injected Sea-Doo
And a 2000 GTX fuel injected
What is the best oil for both. What are the best plugs to run.
I live on the water and I have to idle in and out 10 mins in and 10 out what can I do to not foul plugs ? Thank you. The RXDI I haven’t rode yet so don’t know if it could them

You are using the wrong oil but that will not cause it to foul plugs.

You should be running the yellow and black bottle API-TC Full Synthetic in both skis.
Plugs should be NGK BR8ES in the GTX RFI 787
Plugs should be NGK ZFR4F in the RXDI

Injected skis should not be fouling plugs so you need to check your oil pump alignment marks.

The other possibility is if the problem is occurring on a specific cylinder the injector may be over fueling. This is bad b/c the oil film is washed away.

If you can see smoke, it's probably too much oil. I rarely see smoke coming from my 2-stroke Seadoo exhaust unless the sunlight is at just the right angle or I may smell it if the wind wafts the exhaust at me, which isn't often.

If your hair stinks after riding, I bet there's too much oil.

I've run out of adjectives, for the moment.

The other possibility is if the problem is occurring on a specific cylinder the injector may be over fueling. This is bad b/c the oil film is washed away.

If you can see smoke, it's probably too much oil. I rarely see smoke coming from my 2-stroke Seadoo exhaust unless the sunlight is at just the right angle or I may smell it if the wind wafts the exhaust at me, which isn't often.

If your hair stinks after riding, I bet there's too much oil.

I've run out of adjectives, for the moment.
I have to do some digging. I have to hold the throttle at quarter way to get it to start and it starts up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back