2000 GS Power Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

baseavers

I have a 2000 GS that I rebuilt the carb on and it has been running great. However, it recently started falling on it's face after running about 30 to 40 mins. It idles fine and will run slow, but high end is gone.

If I let it cool down, it does the same thing, consistently. I thought maybe I was getting vapor lock, but it almost seems like an electronic issue. I will also state that I added a Tach to the bike, as it only had a fuel gauge. I used the Black/Red for the input on the Tach with a 1k resistor.

Any input would be appreciated.

See if opening the fuel cap makes it run fine when it starts this issue. You could be developing a vacuum in the tank if the vent check valve isn't working.

What color is the electrode on your spark plugs?

I have already done the tank and I'm good there. I went ahead and put a new set of plugs in and it was running great for about 15 mins before I sheared the steering cable lock nut and amost had a uboat. I've ordered a billet upgrade, as this is the second one I've sheared. I'll let you know if the plugs did the trick as soon as I get it back in the water.
`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back