1st gen Ibr module board repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
My friend I have like 10 skis combined.
We now have 4 bad ibr control modules.

Is there a service to repair the boards?

Is there a specific part that is going bad on the boards?

Looking at spending $4500 for 4 new ibr assemblies isn't ideal.

Of the 3 boards that I've opened and removed, 2 of them showed minor water damage/corrosion.

I'm an IT guy by trade, not an electrical engineer, but I don't find many things that can't be repaired.

Is somebody doing these, and is it just a scale of difficult thing?

I have searched high and low looking for information about this, and it's pretty scant.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20230423_014738494.jpg
    PXL_20230423_014738494.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 21
No one on the forum has posted that they have successfully repaired a board or even tried. There has been some success in replacing just the motor. I am also not a electrical engineer and from my limited knowledge it would be very difficult without a schematic which probably is not available. There is a model number on the board that can be googled searched. You can reverse engineer them but that is a time consuming and time is money. You then would have to figure out how to test them and put them back together completely water proof.

I hear you. I have reached out to a reverse-engineer company to try and get a rough idea of what it would cost, so we'll see how that plays out.
In the meantime, I posted the same thing in one of the FB groups and have found a couple people that fix them. The only price I've gotten so far is $750 (assuming it is repairable)
Long term, I definitely will be considering selling these skis and getting newer ones, just to get into a cheaper version of ibr lol. That said, I am going to find a way to get these repaired, I'm too cheap to write off the skis. We'll see how it plays out.

The electronics places that could fix (maybe) the board charge 500 bucks just to look at it , there are guys on *outube that show the fix and their description is also there.

Hello i offer the service on eBay for the newer style and privately do the older style also , new style is 2-3 days turn around, older model is 7-14 days or less when i rack up some cores to offer the exchange service

Back