1999 GTX RFI Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent7

I have a 1999 GTX RFI with an issue. When on the trailer it started and ran well up to around 5500 rpm. When under load in the water it would only make it to 4200 rpm and 10 mph. After reading a few threads on here I replaced the tps and wear ring. After replacing the tps it will rev to 7200 rpm on the trailer with no improvement in the water. It took off nicely at first for about 3 seconds then back to 4200 rpm/10 mph. I am thinking of replacing the rectifer now, but I don't want to keep dumping money into it needlessly. I also checked the fuel pressure. 55 psi. I am also getting 2 stroke oil leaking from somewhere. I thought it was from a missing hose clamp, but apparently not. Any help with a diagnosis would be greatly appreciated as my knowledge of this machine is minimal.

Compression check first.

Next determine if the rave valve solenoid is functioning. This can be done by applying voltage to the valve. It should click. Check the feed line for the rave solenoid that comes from the engine block. You should have flow FROM the line but the line should pressure up if you apply air pressure into the line. I you are adventurous and unafraid, suck on the line then blow. That will determine it is working properly. Use a napkin if you like. :D

If you don't know much about the ski, then you probably did not reset the TPS when you installed it. I doubt that is your issue.

Good Luck !

The oil is from your oil tank,,,they all eventually leak,,,at the seam against the tank mostly,,,so you can't see it,,,sometimes they crack along the bottom,,,there are some threads out there with a diy pvc weld repair,,,and of course,,,they can leak from the grommet that supplies oil to the pump,,,put a mirror there,,,or feel with your hand,,,you may get lucky,,,if it is the seam,,,just keep the oil level below the seam,

I forgot to put in that one of my first checks was compression. 150 and 152. I will check the solenoid when I get a chance and update then. The dealer (who won't work on 2 strokes due to how "labor intensive" they are) told me there's nothing to reset on the TPS. I will search the forums for the process unless someone wants to put it here. As far as the oil tank goes I did pull it out and clean it up so I can find the leak. Thanks for the advice. I will update you when I get more details.

I applied 12 volts to the rave valve solenoid and heard nothing. Pulled it out and double checked. Nothing. Ordered a new one. I will be extremely happy if it is that easy of a fix, because that NEVER HAPPENS FOR ME!!! I will let you know in a week or so when it comes and I can get it in the water. Thanks again for all your help and knowledge.

I put the solenoid on and took it to the lake. That fixed it for the most part. Now it is pretty sluggish at low rpm. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back