1999 GTX LTD Carb Popoff Setting help needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoDawg73

Hello,
I am rebuilding the GTX, and I need some wisdom.
Over the summer, I rebuilt the carbs using OEm parts, and during my research I found multiple posts saying the popoffs for my ski should be in the 40-43 range, and that the spec sheet was wrong for the 951 in the GTX.

I have searched and searched and searched, and I can’t find anything saying that anywhere now.

I used the original springs when I rebuilt it, and the pop offs measured 40 after rebuild. I am just wanting to make sure I have them set right so I Don’t blow another engine.

any help you can give would be great. Thanks so much!

Ken

I just did my 2000 RX 951 and mine are set at 19-20. I had it out previously for the first break-in and it ran fine. I just removed and checked the carbs and all that because it was running lean and hanging at idle. I think I found the problem and it was not carb related. Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted properly. I really like the Carb 951s they got some GRUNT !! Good Luck !!

Pop off on a 951 is low like 19-20, you shouldn’t be at 40.

Make sure you have the correct size needle and seats. The 951 uses a special spring that is only for the 951 so make sure you are using it.

Thanks for your help! I have the correct springs on order and will be changing them out. I also have the 2.0 needle and seat from Mikuni. Should be good to go.

I'm one that would rather ask help from trusted resources because the manual is such a pain for me but there is some good info in there. LOL A couple of times I wish I had researched more diligently.... prior to doing the work. Good Luck and Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back