1998 gsx not running correctly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

kingyurd

Hi all,
I am new to the pwc world and have a 1998 seadoo gsx. 951. I was riding the other day and it was doing great till a brought it back to the sore area. As I was pulling it. It did not want to idle. It would die if I wasn't giving throttle. I loaded it and took back home to look further into it. Then it started to idle but would backfire and die when the throttle was pressed. So far I have changed the spark plugs, issue was not resolved. I then cleaned the fuel filter (new one on its way) this enached the performance to being able to give it throttle, but it would still back fire. And over 5000rpm it would be screaming very loudly. These were all tested whole hooked up to hose. I am hoping this is a cheap fix and not a carb issue. Other than this. Skis ran great. Oh I also took rave vales out and made sure we're good. They seemed to look normal.

No, they are supposed to run 87.

I would start with rebuilding the carbs and if you have the dreaded gray fuel lines replace those too.

Back