1997 sea doo XP pulse fuel pump help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4545

so I bought a 97 sea doo xp that’s been sitting for a while. I got it to run for a few seconds from pouring fuel into the cylinder but I isn’t getting any fuel. I took the carbs apart and the internals all looked fine. The internals fuel filters were clear. There was fuel in the line going to the carb and fuel in the return lines from the carb. The mainfuel filter looked clean. Also the bad grey fuel lines have been replaced after the fuel filter as well as the lines between the carbs. If anyone has any suggestions as to what it could be that would be great. I took the pulse fuel pump apart and it was quite dirty. The one passageway leaving the pulse pump is clear and I can blow through it but I can’t get any air either way through the other passage way. Is this normal? It looks like there’s a spring or something with threads down in there. Has anyone Taken one of these apart and can blow through both passageways? Also I found a brass piece with a small hole in it shoved in the line leaving the passageway. I’m assuming this shouldn’t be there lol. Thanks for the help.B3351861-C0BE-42EC-9052-86A110B3165E.jpegC2DB82FC-5996-41CD-82C2-50090CD9C2C7.jpeg45109692-722A-4E8A-877B-2F1CAB70FBCC.jpeg

That’s the accelerator pump not the fuel pump and it’s dirty.

Yes that little jet needs to be clear and reinstalled in the line you found it.

You need to rebuild both carbs correctly with new genuine Mikuni parts including needles and seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back