1997 GTX runs once on water, then zero power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylaskorich

So I just bought this 97 seadoo GTX from a guy 2 days ago and tested it on trailer and everything seemed perfect. Beeper works and everything sounds like it’s running just fine. I’ve tested it twice in the water and each time it will run perfect the first time I turn it on but once i push the button to turn it off and on again it goes completely dead.

The First time; I start it and run it for about 5 minutes then press the start/stop switch to turn it off. there’s a buzzing that keeps going after it’s off and key is pulled, i’m thinking that was the starter, then battery died. I did also noticed that the solenoid was getting stuck. When I took the ski out of the water and charged the battery it started up, but no beeps.

The Second time; doesn’t make sense? I put it in the water again, started it and runs perfect for about 2 minutes so i press start/stop switch off and get my life jacket quick and ready to go out. I take key off and put it on again and absolutely nothing happens. no beeper. no gauges. no sounds. nothing. and battery is at 12V and it ran perfect a second before that? So put it on trailer and take it home, put the key on and it beeps and runs on trailer!

I really just don’t understand what’s going on please help!

Check your ground. It may need to be replaced. Also, check the small blace wire from rear electrical box to negative terminal. Check both for continuity. Also, make sure both terminals on battery are clean and without corrosion.

Check your ground. It may need to be replaced. Also, check the small blace wire from rear electrical box to negative terminal. Check both for continuity. Also, make sure both terminals on battery are clean and without corrosion.

I checked continuity from the battery to every ground and they all look clean and connected and everything’s reading right

Almost seems like your starter selenoid is sticking,,either at the selenoid,,,or at the fly wheel….a sticking selenoid will definitely drain down a battery,,,and take electrics away from the cdi/spark circuit.

Almost seems like your starter selenoid is sticking,,either at the selenoid,,,or at the fly wheel….a sticking selenoid will definitely drain down a battery,,,and take electrics away from the cdi/spark circuit.

yes it does die and kill the battery when it sticks but it doesn’t stick all of the time, i’ve tested it a few times and it’ll run and die and lose all electrics but the battery reads okay and everything checks out but for some reason nothing turns back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back